If you are considering a personal injury lawsuit, there are some basic legal terms and procedures that will come up during the process. Although an attorney will likely handle much of the work, keeping informed of what you will face can help your cause. Provincial laws will vary, however, the following general principals of personal injury law can help you understand what you face when you take legal action.
First, some basic questions:
- What caused the injury
- Was it an auto accident
- Was it a slip and fall
- A bus, train or plane accidents
- Did it involve malpractice by a doctor, dentist, lawyer, accountant or other professional?
- Did somebody defame you, with slander or libel?
- Was the injury caused by an intentional act?
- Where did the accident occur?
If the accident occurred at work or in the course of your employment, worker compensation laws may govern...
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment